Saturday, December 15, 2012

Elf Excitement, Times 2!

I've been glad to see that Nutcracker is with us for another week!

Monday he brought some gingerbread friends to our class with him. They had a marshmallow snowball fight in our classroom! We wondered where he got the marshmallows from. Did Mrs. Claus let him have some as a snack? Did he buy them at the store? I wonder what he's up to at night when we're not looking.

Tuesday Nutcracker brought some elf coloring pages into our classroom! They were so tiny! Santa had given him the coloring pages, so he borrowed our crayons to start coloring. Some of our classmates have been bringing in some gifts for Nutcracker. Our class is so sweet. One of the girls brought in another elf named Cat to be friends with him so he wouldn't be lonely. We set up a little bed on our blue chair to hang out with him. Another girl brought in a Santa toy for him to play with! I'm sure Nutcracker is very glad to be in such a wonderful classroom with such nice friends!

Wednesday we found Nutcracker ziplining across our classroom! He was using his "magic string" again as one of our friends dubbed the rainbow yarn. I love it! We decided that he was making pretty good choices, so some of the kids decided he should start on purple every day. I think Nutcracker really liked it. I'm sure he gave Santa a good report about how sweet our friends have been!

Thursday Nutcracker discovered my new stocking from Mrs. Shull next door. She knows how much I love Texas things (especially boots!), so she'd given me the cutest boot stocking! We realized Nutcracker was probably so cold with this new winter weather so he needed somewhere warm to snuggle. The kids also noticed he had a prime viewpoint to see everyone so they had to be on their best behavior! :)

Friday Nutcracker was making snowflakes out of Q-tips! His note said that he had borrowed them from Mrs. Claus. Silly elf! He really must be missing the snow when he's down here in Texas.

I can't wait to see what Nutcracker will do next. I think he really loves being in our classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment