Sunday, February 24, 2013

Valentine's Day

I know it's so late, but since I was sick last week I totally forgot to blog! Eeek! I'm sad that I don't have that many pictures since I was out, but I'm so happy to report that our substitute left a shining note about everyone's behavior! She commented about how sweet and helpful everyone was. I was a very proud teacher when I came back. :)

Here are a couple of things we did. We read tons of Valentine's books, then we created collage hearts out of scrapbook paper. I am so glad that a wonderful mom donated tons of paper for us. We've done so many great things with it! Thanks, Mrs. U! :)

We also wrote letters to people that we loved. I let the kids write to whomever they wanted. They were so sweet. They wrote letters to me, their friends in class, their parents, and other teachers at school. Each child was so thoughtful about the kind things they said. It warmed my heart! They worked so hard.

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day party filled with ice cream sundaes and extra treats. Thanks to all the parents who donated and decorated! You helped make our party a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment