Monday, February 4, 2013

100th Day!

Oh my word... the 100th day of school came and went in a blur! It was go, go, go all day long!

I loved seeing the costumes today. We were in stitches ALL day long! Some of our friends were even acting like they were 100 years in old. We were creaking and aching and taking 10 minutes to walk to the door.. Haha! I love it... I was so excited to see how everyone was filled with excitement and joy! It's so fun to celebrate such a big day for the kids.

Our class voted for the best-dressed boy and girl, then we had a grade-level competition, too. I wish I could put up photos of everyone! Here are the grade-level winners posing together. I think this chickadee looks like Rose from Golden Girls! So precious!

Then we went on a school-wide parade to show off our costumes. Our kids were yelling "Hey there, whipper-snapper!" to passersby. I couldn't contain my giggles!

Here are just a few activities we did today. We rolled dice 100 times, flipped coins 100 times, made pizzas with 100 pepperonis, made 100th day headbands, played the dot game with 100 dots, found a mystery picture (which was a 100!) on a hundreds chart, and much more... Of course our favorite part of the day was creating our 100th day trail mix.

Thank you for making this day incredible for your kids! We had 100% participation in snack donation (my first year ever!), and we had such great costumes today. You are such an important part of your child's education, and I want to thank you for being such amazing parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment