Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome!

It's about time that I finally get to blogging! :) The beginning of the year is such a whirlwind, and I (unfortunately) completely pushed this blog to the side. I am going to try really hard to stay on a weekly schedule so that I can keep up with this thing!

Please forgive the poor(ish) quality of all these photos. I've been using my phone to take pictures...

I think the best place to start is with a few pictures of our classroom. Now, things have changed a teensy bit since I took these pictures before school started, but it looks more or less the same.

Here is a picture of the room from the door. Pardon the mess on the floor. I hadn't finished unpacking everything yet!
Next we have a picture of our class library, computers, and student work display. Our Daily 5 anchor charts will go above the library. I am absolutely obsessed with my chevron rug, thanks to The Bubbly Blonde!
Here we have a different view to the library. 
This is our main whiteboard. I love the new Daily 5 and Daily 5 Math workboards that I made over the summer. Thank you, Teacher Center! They're very cute, and I am hoping they'll be user-friendly, too! 
Here is my math wall. This looks pretty different now. I've added all the Every Day Counts materials. We were going to do it all online, but we've decided to wait until after Winter Break. I love our Pinterest-inspired "Today's Number" anchor chart. I think that it originally came from this blog. So far it is really helping with number sense!
Here is our Word Wall with Kindergarten words already posted. My objectives go to the right of the Word Wall. I can't wait to start using our Raz-Kids incentive board, too! I've turned those cube-shelf-thingies into storage for math stations. They were looking pretty sad in this picture!
Here is where we're keeping the materials for Daily 5 (things for Word Work and Work on Writing). I love our new transportation, inspired by Beg, Borrow, and Steal. I simply changed the different modes of transportation specifically for our school. 

That's our quick tour of the classroom! I keep reminding myself that it's a work in progress. :) We have to adjust every now and then to keep up with our new needs, but all in all I'm very happy with how everything is coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment